Eight-week guided prayer experience designed for small groups
Meeting Christ in Prayer is an engaging guided prayer experience with eight weeks of prayer content given over a ten-week period. Meetings will be on Thursdays from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and will include group prayer, guided meditation, faith sharing and reflection, an orientation to Scripture readings, simple prayer technique exercises, and an overview of the individual prayer exercises to be practiced in the week ahead. Each week will be based in a theme:
- 09/29/22 — Week One: The God of My Experience.
- 10/06/22 — Week Two: The Plan of God in my Life.
- 10/13/22 — Week Three: The Early Life of Jesus**
- 10/27/22 — Week Four: Jesus’ Public Ministry
- 11/03/22 — Week Five: The Passion and Death of Christ
- 11/10/22 — Week Six: The Risen Christ is the Firstborn of Many Brothers and Sisters
- 11/17/22 — Week Seven: Doing the Work of Christ**
- 12/01/22 — Week Eight: Celebrating Our Journey in Christ Together
** NB: There will be two weeks of daily prayer exercises following the 10/13 and 11/17 meetings.
The individual daily prayer exercises have three segments: 1. a brief prayer in the morning, 2. a brief review of the day in the evening, and 3. a period of extended personal prayer at some time during the day. It is recommended that the extended period of prayer last between twenty and thirty minutes daily. Participants will receive a Participant Guide which will provide all needed materials for the daily prayer exercises.
Since Meeting Christ in Prayer is designed for small groups, it is important for all participants to commit to attending all eight weeks and to come with a desire to not only share of their own experiences, but also to learn from others. Out of this interaction, a wonderful energy can develop. The experience truly is much richer when we hear from one another in our faith journeys and grow with one another in our faith life over the course of the prayer experience.
Jesuit Retreat House on Lake Winnebago
4800 Fahrnwald Rd, Oshkosh, WI 54902
Thursdays, September 29; October 06, 13, 27; November 03, 10, 17; and December 01
6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
$95 per person; $35 non-refundable deposit
Number of retreatants:
September 23, 2022